UCLA has implemented processes by which students, employees and others can verify their vaccination status:
- Enrolled students: Currently, students, including student employees, can submit proof of their vaccination — or request an exemption — through the portal on the Arthur Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center website.
- Employees: Staff, faculty and non-student employees can confirm their vaccinations through the UCLA COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring System in one of several ways: (1) give UCLA consent to check UCLA Health records and the California vaccination database to verify their vaccination; (2) upload an image of their CDC vaccination card (or non–U.S. equivalent); or (3) upload an official medical record from their health care provider.
While employees will not receive immediate confirmation of their vaccination clearance status through the Symptom Monitoring System, beginning Sept. 9, the system’s clearance results will include employees’ vaccination status. As of that date, employees will be able to privately check their status using the COVID-19 Clearance Portal (UCLA logon ID required); supervisors will also be able to use the portal to check the status of employees who report directly to them.
- UCLA Health employees: Information on vaccination verification for UCLA Health personnel will be provided directly to those employees in the coming weeks.
- Non-matriculating students: UCLA Extension students, visiting students and those in executive education programs will receive guidance on how to verify their vaccination status through their program department.
- K–12 students: Students age 12 and above who are eligible for vaccinations will receive information from the UCLA Lab School or the Geffen Academy at UCLA about notifying their program of their vaccination status.
While UCLA strongly urges all those who are eligible to get vaccinated, in certain very limited circumstances, students and employees may be granted a medical exemption, an accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities, or a deferral based on pregnancy. To request an exemption:
- Students: Currently, students may submit a request using the portal on the Arthur Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center website.
- Employees: Non-UCLA Health employees should use the UCLA COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring System to submit a request. Please visit the UCLA Insurance and Risk Management’s How to Request a COVID-19 Vaccine Exception page for details and guidance before initiating the process. Additional information on exemptions, accommodations and deferrals is available on IRM’s COVID-19 Related Accommodation or Workplace Adjustment Information page.
- UCLA Health employees: Information on how UCLA Health personnel can submit a request will be shared in the coming weeks.