Frequently asked questions
- Pursuant to public health orders, the campus is currently closed to the general public. Only people who are engaged in essential campus operations, are attending approved in-person courses, or are receiving care at UCLA hospitals and clinics are permitted.
- Some campus buildings remain open for essential services.
- Certain campus units, including UCLA-owned housing, the Arthur Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center, UCLA Recreation, Counseling and Psychological Services, and ASUCLA dining facilities will continue to provide services, though some services may be modified.
- See the complete list of available campus services.
- Anyone on campus should maintain safe distances from others and wear a mask.
UCLA officials are closely monitoring the situation and relevant communications from county, state and federal authorities. They will continue to provide information on any new developments that would impact the campus and take action to ensure the health and safety of the Bruin community.
Custodial Services will be performing enhanced cleaning services for high touch areas and common spaces through out campus. For more detailed information please review the UCLA Facilities Management Custodial Services COVID-19 Procedures (PDF).
- UCLA Transportation has closed all in-person lobby transactions until further notice. Please contact transportation by email at email@example.com or call 310-794-7433.
- For people visiting UCLA Health, all parking and information booths are currently closed until further notice. Customers who need to purchase parking are instructed to use the pay stations, ParkMobile or the Bruin ePermit portal.
- UCLA Transportation is discontinuing the UCLA Vanpool program on July 31 in light of the challenges presented by COVID-19. Vanpools participants will have the option to lease directly from other vanpool vendors to set up or maintain commuting groups.
- BruinAccess is operating normally.
- BruinBus, which serves the UCLA campus and Wilshire Center, cleans and sanitizes its vehicles twice daily and has placed hand sanitizer dispensers in all buses. The service is currently running the U4 University Apartments and U901 Summer Loop on reduced summer schedules. Visit the BruinBus page for updates.
- UCLA Safe Ride is temporarily suspended.
- Large in-person gatherings are currently prohibited, but the Events Office is accepting scheduling requests for events that can meet all requirements, or for events that could happen when restrictions are lifted. Events and film shoots on campus are subject to public health and safety guidelines by local, state and university officials.
UCLA has suspended all nonessential events of any size for the time being.
The Hammer Museum and the Fowler Museum are both closed.
The libraries continue to provide resources for students and faculty, although the buildings are closed.
- All ASUCLA restaurants and retail stores are closed.
- For fall 2020, dining facilities will be open for carry-out meals with limited seating and other safety precautions in place.
Ackerman Union, Lu Valle Commons, Health Sciences, North Campus Shop and South Campus Shop are closed.
The Arthur Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center is classified as an essential service by UCLA and remains open for all students, but some services are limited during this time. The Ashe Center currently offers in-person visits for any acute, urgent issues and prescheduled appointments for any routine issues by phone, email or online.
- The UCLA College hosted a virtual celebration on June 12. The class of 2020 will have an in-person event when it is again safe to gather.