Frequently asked questions
- In response to guidelines issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, UCLA will be offering remote-only instruction for the fall and winter 2020 quarters, with the exception of a small handful of in-person or hybrid courses necessary to train students for essential workforce positions. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded if instruction occurs remotely for any part of the 2020–21 academic year.
- Full tuition and mandatory fees are necessary to cover operations related to COVID-19, such as remote instruction, and services such as financial aid, registration and remote academic advising.
- For more information on tuition and fees, as well as registration, financial aid, course materials and other topics, visit the UCLA Registrar’s Office COVID-19 FAQ page. The UCLA Undergraduate Admission site also has a section on student fees, tuition and budget and one on the latest information on classes and tuition.
- The financial aid office is available virtually Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., through the Message Center or by calling 310-206-0400.
- Students whose housing contracts have been canceled or who are considering changing their housing status for fall 2020 are encouraged to read the office’s Changes to Your Housing Selection FAQ (PDF) for information on how these decisions may affect their financial aid.
- The federal government has made emergency financial aid grants available to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations. UCLA prioritized providing awards to eligible students enrolled in spring term 2020. The campus will continue to monitor federal and state economic conditions, as well as the prospects for additional government emergency funding for students.
- Visit the office’s video library for answers to some common questions about financial aid.
- We also encourage any student who may be facing financial hardship to reach out to our Economic Crisis Response Team for assistance.