Frequently asked questions
- Due to COVID-19, some or all of UCLA’s instruction for all or part of the 2020–21 academic year may be delivered remotely for the safety of our students and the campus community. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the academic year.
- Full tuition and mandatory fees are necessary to cover operations related to COVID-19, such as remote instruction, and services such as financial aid, registration and remote academic advising.
- For more information on tuition and fees, as well as registration, financial aid, course materials and other topics, visit the UCLA Registrar’s Office COVID-19 FAQ page. The UCLA Undergraduate Admission site also has a section on student fees, tuition and budget and one on the latest information on classes and tuition.
- The financial aid office is available virtually Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., through the Message Center or by calling 310-206-0400.
- The federal government has made emergency financial aid grants available to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations. UCLA prioritized providing awards to eligible students enrolled in spring term 2020. The campus will continue to monitor federal and state economic conditions, as well as the prospects for additional government emergency funding for students.
- Visit the office’s video library for answers to some common questions about financial aid.