Frequently asked questions
- Spring 2021 update: In response to guidelines issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health at the recommendation of the campus COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force, UCLA will continue with the plans put in place for winter, offering remote-only instruction for the winter quarter with the exception of a limited number of in-person or hybrid courses necessary to train students for essential workforce positions. Read the full message.
- Schools and academic departments will provide a wide range of remote courses to ensure that all students have access to the classes they need to make progress toward their academic degrees.
- A full list of spring quarter courses will be available through the Schedule of Classes and MyUCLA.
- It has not yet been determined whether summer sessions will take place remotely or in-person. More information will be shared in the months ahead.
The UCLA Center for Accessible Education offers a page of resources.
- Although UCLA Library buildings are currently closed, campus libraries continue to provide an array of resources for students, faculty and instructors.
- Faculty course materials: While print reserves are currently not available from the UCLA Library for instructional purposes, library staff will help faculty and instructors obtain electronic materials for their courses. In some cases, they will digitize content from library-owned materials and provide them to faculty and instructors through course management systems. For further information on course materials, visit the library’s Information for Instructors page. To submit digitization requests, see the Faculty Reserves page.
- The University of California Education Abroad Program has made the decision to suspend all spring 2021 programs in all locations, as well as many summer and fall 2021 programs. Impacted students have been emailed by the UCEAP Systemwide Office and UCLA IEO about the news. Read the entire statement.
- UCLA IEO and UCEAP will keep applicants updated on the status of other programs.
- The international education office has a COVID-19 FAQ with more information.