Frequently asked questions
- Winter 2020 update: In response to guidelines issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health at the recommendation of the campus COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force, UCLA will continue with the plans put in place for fall, offering remote-only instruction for the winter quarter, with the exception of a handful of in-person or hybrid courses that provide training for students preparing for essential workforce jobs. Read the full message.
- Schools and academic departments will provide a wide range of remote courses to ensure that all students have access to the classes they need to make progress toward their academic degrees.
- The full list of classes to be offered in winter quarter can be found on the Schedule of Classes and MyUCLA.
The UCLA Center for Accessible Education offers a page of resources.
- Although UCLA Library buildings are currently closed, campus libraries continue to provide an array of resources for students, faculty and instructors.
- Faculty course materials: While print reserves are currently not available from the UCLA Library for instructional purposes, library staff will help faculty and instructors obtain electronic materials for their courses. In some cases, they will digitize content from library-owned materials and provide them to faculty and instructors through course management systems. For further information on course materials, visit the library’s Information for Instructors page. To submit digitization requests, see the Faculty Reserves page.
- Due to public health concerns, the University of California Education Abroad Program has made the decision to suspend fall-term 2020 programs and yearlong programs beginning in fall 2020 in all locations. Impacted students have been emailed by the UCEAP Systemwide Office and UCLA IEO about the news. Read the entire statement.
- At this time, all winter and spring 2021 programs are still scheduled to run. Because the earliest of these programs does not start until January 2021, no decisions otherwise have yet been made. Decisions on these programs would likely come sometime in late summer or fall quarter, when there is more up-to-date information about the COVID-19 situation. UCLA IEO and UCEAP will email all winter and spring 2021 applicants with updates as they become available.
- The international education office has a COVID-19 FAQ with more information.